This is the Privacy Notice of Worksurface Products Limited t/a Solid Surfacing Company (“the Company”) whose registered office is at E4 Spennells Trading Estate, Spennells Valley Road, Kidderminster DY10 1XS. Our Company number is 04979240. In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refers to the Company.
Purpose and Background of this Notice
1. The purpose of this Notice is to inform you about our policy regarding the information that we record and hold about you. It sets out how we collect, store and use the information that you provide to us or that we collect from you following further dialogue with you. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”).
2. We are obliged to inform you about your rights regarding how we handle and store your personal information under the terms of the EU General Date Protection Regulations 2018 (“the GDPR”).
3. We respect and protect the privacy of our customers. All visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them nor will it accidentally fall into the hands of any third party. We will never share or disclose to a third party any information collected through your initial enquiry through our website and we will NEVER sell your information.
4. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data.
5. If you are not happy about the content of this Notice in any way having read it in full you should leave our website immediately.
Information only processed with your consent
We only receive information about you through our website if you give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail. Your email message to us may include your personal contact information such as your name, email address and telephone number along with, in some cases, a plan of the project for which you wish us to quote or upon which you require our advice.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information in this specific way, we will never use your information in any other way and we will never pass your name and contact information to any other organisation for any purpose except with your explicit consent (unless we are required to do so by a court or other government organisation under the law). For example, we may recommend that you contact another organisation to obtain a material sample or alternatively we may, with your consent, pass your contact details to our suppliers in order that you may be sent a sample of a material you are interested in if we do not hold it in stock. On rare occasions we may also recommend that you use a different organisation if for any reason we are unable to offer the product or service that you require. In this latter instance we will ask for your consent if we are passing on your personal data in this way, but in normal circumstances we would give you the information directly to enable you to make contact yourself .
You may withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us in writing or by email to the member of our staff with whom you have been dealing, or alternatively to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use the information you provide to us
When you contact us through our website we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
We record your request and our reply on our own server held here at our office in order to ensure that we are able to access our previous dialogue with you should we need to do so, in order to provide an efficient and reliable service to you.
Information we collect when you visit our website
Data only processed in the UK
Our websites are hosted in UK and we do not operate outside the UK so any data you provide to us will never be accessible to or shared with any countries outside the UK.
Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us through our website.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this Notice, we keep your personal information for as long as required by us to provide you with the services you have requested. If you become a customer and we raise supporting documentation in order to record the sale, we will keep your information in secure storage for a period not exceeding six years.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us and we use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint requires us to contact some other person or organisation such as one of our suppliers in order to reasonable resolve your complaint, we may give that other person/organisation some or all of the information contained in your complaint.
If you are not happy with any of the content of this Notice you should tell us why by email at email@example.com.
If a dispute is not settled between us informally by agreement then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are unwilling to engage with us in this way, or you remain unhappy after efforts have been made to resolve the matter formally, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
If you have any questions regarding this Notice please contact us by phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org.